BIO 2018 | Dutch Visitor Programme
June 3 - June 7
“Experience the largest biotechnology event in the world”
From 03 – 07 June the Task Force Health Care (TFHC) in cooperation with Association Innovative Medicine (VIG), Health~Holland (H~H), Netherlands Embassy in Washington and Holland Innovation Network Boston organises a visitor programme to- and during the 25th BIO International Convention in Boston. This mission is led by Hans Schikan.
The BIO International Convention (BIO) is the world’s largest and most prestigious biotechnology event worldwide. The BIO attracts 16,000+ biotechnology and pharma leaders from more than 74 countries to Boston (see more facts & figures).
Intensive networking, discovering the latest trends and opportunities and meeting new relevant contact are central to the BIO 2018. The theme for the 2018 BIO International Convention is ‘MAKE HISTORY’, a topic which is especially applicable in the context of the EMA coming to the Netherlands.
Interesting for YOU?
The Dutch Visitors Programme is open for all Dutch Life Sciences & Health organisations in the Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals sector. It is especially (but not exclusively) interesting for start-ups, regions, BIO-clusters, companies and knowledge- & research institutes active in the field of:
- Product Development | Bio-Processing: Organisations developing and manufacturing biotherapeutics (both upstream and downstream processing). Among others Bioanalytical Methods and Assay Development, Drug Delivery, Fermentation and Cell Culture, Single-use technologies, separation and purification, etc.
- eHealth: Organisations that facilitate the industry from the drug development process to prescription management and medication compliance. Among others data management for clinical trials, personalised medicine, digital diagnosis and monitoring, mobile prescription renewal apps, etc
- Medical Devices | Laboratory Solutions: Organisations which provide key tools and solutions for research and development. Among others lab automation, stem cell research, lab supplies, etc.
- And organisations focusing on: Regenerative Medicine | Lab-on-a-Chip | Personalised Medicine | Precision Medicine | Value Based Healthcare
What are the BENEFITS?
Join the Dutch Visitors Programme, gain great insights, meet relevant partners and let us take care of you so you can effortlessly benefits from the following features:
- Collective (Side) Visits to relevant organisations in- and around Boston (e.g. Research Institutes, Incubators and Accelerators, Innovation Hubs, Pharmaceutical Companies, etc.
- Visiting BIO International Convention and guiding you through the many inspiring and relevant meetings, workshops, exhibitors, conferences and network events.
- Preparatory Meeting to make your visit more relevant and successful, the TFHC will organise a preparatory participant meeting in The Netherlands on Monday, May 28th.
- Network Receptions in the evenings and at the Holland Pavilion to informally network with relevant parties.
Knowledge Sharing and Networking with other members from the Dutch Visitors delegation.
- (Kick-off) Workshop and Roundtables with inspiring guests(speakers) and interactive discussions on latest trends and opportunities.
- (Local) Support from the TFHC, VIG and the Netherlands Embassy and other organising parties.
- Accommodation arranged for 4 nights in Hilton Boston Back Bay in Boston close to the BIO.
- [OPTIONAL] One-on-One Partnering meetings with relevant parties facilitated by the BIO (see Participation Fee).
- [OPTIONAL] Flights (prices vary, depending on preferences and availability).
Programme at a glance
3rd of June
4th of June
5th of June
6th of June
7th of June
*This is a tentative programme which is subject to change. The preferences of the Dutch Visitors Programme participants will be taken into account in the further development of the programme.
|Dutch Visitors Programme
|Participation fee||Startup fee*|
|BASIC Including “BIO Convention ticket” ticket (worth $1.750,-), accommodation in Hilton Back Bay in Boston (single room) with breakfast and collective programme
|€ 4.075,-||€ 2.575,-|
|PREMIUM Includes all of the above PLUS One-to—One “Partnering Access” (worth $3.000,-)
|€ 4.950,-||€ 3.450,-|
All fees exclude VAT, flights, travel insurance, personal expenses.
*Are you a Start-up?
RVO.nl offers Start-ups joining this mission a substantial discount through the SIB Voucher. To find out if you are eligible for this discount, click here.
Extra Member Discount
TFHC- and VIG-members will receive an extra discount of € 10% on participation fees.
How to join?
Please register (click here) for the visitor programme before the 1st of May 2018.
For more information regarding this visitor programme to the BIO 2018, please contact Dorien de Jong email@example.com / T: 06 26 63 69 53.